blog header

August 21, 2008

Boxes and Bags and Bows...Oh My!

You asked for direction so here you go! It's a lot like a 2, 4, 6, 8 box.

The box is made from an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2" piece of ww cs. Scored at 3" - 4" - 7" & 8" Rotate the cs once clockwise and score across the bottom at 1". Cut the bottom flaps and remove the smallest flap on the bottom corner.
The Markered Watercolor technique is really simple! Just grab some makers and start with your lightest color and add the darker colors on top. Once you have inked the whole stamp grab a bottle of water and spritz the whole stamp just a little. Too much water and it will get muddy! You can SEE the whole technique done on Andrea Walfords blog.


I just love the new stamp set they gave us at convention, Inspired by Nature, pg 100 in the new Idea Book & Catalog. I did a markered watercolor technique on this box. The possibilities are endless with this set.


I guess I need some new rubons! You did see that I said NEED, right? hehehe

I love this bag/box. We made them last month for club and they ladies bags turned out great!
The ornament is inside the small box. It's just too stinkin' cute :)



My New SU! order is still not here yet :( They had such a huge flux of orders (because everyone -including me- just had to have it all) that they just shipped orders from the 11th, yesterday! I will have a few cute thing to share with you tomorrow, though, see you then!


Mandy

1 comment:

stephens3181 said...

Hey Mandy - Love, love, love these! Can you plan to share with us how to do the watercolor marker technique and the dimensions for the bags on Sunday at our Demo mtg?
Thanks so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails