blog header

March 6, 2009

Good Times with Good Friends!

DSC_0208  The Stamp A Stack on Sat was so much FUN…I just love spending time with friends, to bad I forgot to take a picture of all the craziness. LOL

This is my NEW favorite set from the catalog so that’s why I had to use it for the SAS card I created. Above is the Step it Up version of the card we made. I used the “Stamp Off”  technique on this card because I wanted to show depth making his tail and wing darker then his body. To stamp off you ink the bird once and stamp it 3 times. This is the order I stamped the bird to get this effect…….first on the inside of the card {on the white cs}. Then, I stamped the bird again on a scrap of white cs and cut out just his body {no tail}. I stamped the bird one more time on pacific point cs. The pacific point was just so I could cut out the wing for the bird {so I didn’t stamp the full image just part of the body it get the wing}. Did you follow all that? LOL I used dimensional to pop the body of the bird off the card. His body overlaps the fold in the card so he acts as the closure to the card…isn’t that cute? I stamped his beak on the inside and outside of the card so he looks the same this the card open or shut. 

DSC_0045 You have to slip the top of the card under the birds head to close it!!! DSC_0209 DSC_0046DSC_0044 I love this next pic because it shows all the texture from the big shots new texturez plates!!! You have to have these!!! Plus, you’ll love the new eyelet border punch for all your cards, it works great with elegant and FUN designs!birds SAS On this next card the layout, stamps and DSP are the same I just changed base color of the card to Kiwi Kiss and used Very Vanilla as the inside layer. I chose to open this card from the top instead of the side to create a dramatic look when you open the card. DSC_0199 (2) Isn’t this just so sweet! DSC_0207 (2)

I love the retro look of the grass using the burst stamp from the good friend stamp set. But, my favorite part of this cards {and by far the best new accessory in the  catalog} is the corduroy buttons and brads.  

Supplies: order online 24/7

Stamps: Good Friend (113740) $28.95Good Friend stamp set

Paper: Good Morning Sunshine DSP (113966) $9.95, Kiwi Kiss CS, Whisper White CS, Pacific Point CS, Very Vanilla CS, Chocolate Chip CS

Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper

Inks: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:  Eyelet Border Punch (113692) $15.95, Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons (114338) $9.95, Old Olive Narrow or Wide Ribbon

Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails