blog header

September 17, 2008

Sick & Tired

Sorry, it's been over a week since my last post! I have been sick and I had a million things to do so I am now...tired! But not of stamping. LOL I told you I would post some pictures of my daughters party stuff. I have a few things but I forgot to take pictures of the game prizes (pouches made from the Big Shot) before they were torn open. If that was the only thing I forgot I would be happy but I spent time making a banner (again with the Big Shot) and FORGOT to hang it....are you kidding me?!? Remember I told you I was sick and had a million things to do so that's my story and I am sticking to it ;)




My husband was so funny he looked at it sitting on the table and came downstairs before the party to make sure I didn't mess it up. "Honey, " he says "Is that an A." Yes....well...kinda" I said. Walking away he mumbles, "OH?! OK?!" I thought it was cute because he could care less about stamped things but this one was for HIS BABY!!! The story behind the backwards G subtitled for an A .....I lost it at a Gifts Galore a few years back and since the alpha is a little quirky anyway I have improvised and used the G. It works for me! I cut out all kinds of birds and flowers to put on the banner from the big shot dies and I ran out of time. So it plain but still really cute.


Banner Recipe:
Stamps: Big Deal Alpha
Inks: Basic Black classic
Paper: Maine Blueberry, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Jumbo eyelets, old olive twill ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Pennant Bigz die -large pennant (cut down) and small on top
Scallop circle punch




These are the goodie bags.

Recipe:
Stamps: Sincere Salutations
Ink: old Olive
Paper: WW, NQN, O Olive, So Saffron & Maine Blueberry
Accessories: glue dots, Med gusseted cello bags
Tools: Big Shot Top Note die, Bigz Pennant (scallops), 1 3/8"circle punch, 1 1/4 circle punch


During my crazy weekend we went to my oldest son's baseball game followed by my middle sons football game. Then, Sunday I had a Scrap booking class. This was the double page layout we did for the class. All the ladies in attendance chose their "team" color as the 4th accent color. Sorry, I don't have all of the pictures on it yet.

We embossed the helmet and added a eyelet to look like a metal grommet. This helmet was stamped on tango cs with white ink and embossed in white powder to get the two tone look.




The filmstrip was a big hit and the pennant was a cool mistake. I was punching the stars out of the layout and found out that if you cut a 1/4 strip of paper you can put the top into the point of the large star punch and you get a perfect V in the pennant. Cool, huh?




Recipe:


Stamps: Just Football, Sporting, Schoolhouse Serif NumbersInk: Versa Mark & TangoPaper: Kraft, B Black, W White, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Grey Eyelet (retired), White Embossing Powder
Tools: Small & Large Star Punches, Both Square Punches, Spiral Punch


Ok I have keep you too long so go create something!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails