blog header

September 9, 2011

MDS Trick or Treat

How about both! Today is a Hybrid MDS blog hop. It was my turn to pick the theme and I LOVE Hybrid projects so I guess I gave the girls a pretty big challenge. I know they will all rock it and I can't wait to see their Hybrid projects. Oh BTW - Sorry I missed playing along last week.

My project was inspired by the downloads that came out on Friday - you can see them here - they are on the right side, just scroll down to see all of them!

Trick or Treat's 


Sorry the picture is a little blurry. 
But these treats are so cute, and super quick! 
I'm loving the 1" x 8" treat bags in the new mini catalog so I HAD to use them. I should have showcased it a little more but you imagine how cute it is with the pixi sticks in it, right? I wanted you to focus on how cute the lolly pop tent and the scalloped topper were since that was the Hybrid part. LOL  
To create these I started in the cards and tag section of MDS and picked the square tag. It measured 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 which is bigger then what I needed but it's easier to create in then a 1x1 inch square! Once I created several of them I saved them as jpegs, opened an 8 1/2 x 11 page and created one inch photo boxes. Then, just drag and drop the jpegs into the photo boxes. You can see below that I've opened mine in the photo palette on left side of MDS so it's easier to drag and drop! Oh yeah, I used one more NEW tool from the Holiday Mini catalog - the 1x1 inch square punch. Man, that's so much quicker then cutting them out!


I had so much fun with these that I started making a BUNCH of 1x1 inch inserts to fit my simply adorned charm. I'll be wearing one of these to my daughters football game tomorrow....humm which one should I wear first???

Now for the Trick.....
I had to have the new Pick your Poison DSP and the circle frame paper is one of my favorites. I wanted a pop of color in it so I added a pumpkin pie circle over the top of the frame, created another circle, dropped the DSP in it, and zoomed in till the frame fit the circle! Here's an up close shot.

These are the 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 tags I was creating :) They are so quick that now I have time to make some of the 1 x 8 treat bags for my daughters team with these cute go bucs toppers! 

Ok that's all I have for you so HOP on over and check out the rest of the crew! 

3. Mandy Grant (that's me!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

REALLY CUTE!!!! Thanks again for doing Halloween!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails