blog header

February 9, 2011

Under the covers!

With all my Heart! Ok, so I hope the title didn't scare you away. *wink*

I used 2 hot techniques on this card! The quilted look paired with embedded embossing, to create the under the covers feel I was after. The Quilted Technique is the weekly tutorial at SplitcoastStampers.com and I was truly inspired! I hope you are too.
































Look at all the texture! Loving the little vanilla hearts embossed into it, yay! 

It was so stinking easy - so here's a quick tutorial and I'd love to hear from you if you make one. 

The card base is a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 crumb cake (I know - but it's my favorite color and I just had to)
Grabbed for my 1 1/4" square punch and some yummy Love Letter DSP and punched 10 in Red and 6 in black. 

Laid it out on the table to create the shape first. I've flipped the heart shape to vanilla in this picture so you could see it better, sorry it's sideways (I'm still looking for a blog tool for my mac that edits photos in it, any one have any ideas?) 

































Cut a 5 x 5 base to layer the shapes on. I used the 2 way glue because it's my favorite! Start in the bottom corner and work your way up the side. Then go to the next row. If you have any little pieces that hang over, just trim them off. 
















The Embedded Embossing is just layering before you run it all through the embossing folders. Here I've added the 3 hearts on the side. I know it's not so pretty right this second....but you saw the finished product, it rocks! 
















Since it's bigger then the folder you'll need to run it through the Big Shot twice.  Just leave some hang out of the side and run it again with just the little side in the next time through (see below). 

Trimmed just about an 1/8" off all 4 sides because I wanted to see more of the vanilla mat I was going to add to the card. Then I sponged it with Soft Suede Classic Ink - That's what makes it POP!!!

I attached a Big Vanilla Button and some Chantilly Lace (I can hear my dad signing in my head) Ribbon with glue dots. The banner was stamped with Cherry Cobbler with the sentiment for the "with all my heart" stamp set. 

Enjoy and I hope you'll case it for your loved ones! 
Mandy 



1 comment:

Louise Brown said...

Love your idea for this card...turned out very nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails