blog header

January 6, 2012

MDS BLOG HOP - NEW YEAR!!!

Hey guys, so I wanted to show you something else I made with printing on fabric and a few of the things I learned along the way. I decided that since I had fallen in love with my sisters sewing machine... Yes, I know, MANY times I've said I'd never sew but it's easier then I expected and I love it :) Oh back to the story. I decide while I had her machine I was going to make tons of coffee cozies and I did. About 50 actually! This was one of my favorites so I kept it....hehehehehe

If you are going to try and print on fabric please keep reading! After printing on the fabric for the last post I had an ah ha moment and decide to make a template in MDS to make photo cozies!  I used oval and square punches to create the template and then I used Heather's technique to add more then one photo in a punch. We'll be playing with this technique at our digital class on the 14th - I know you'll love it!  I hope by looking at the photo below you'll see how I made my template....let me know if you have questions! 


WARNING: You need to buy 8 1/2 x 11 Fabric sheets for your printer. They can be found in the Big Box store with the quilting stuff! I printed on lots of my own homemade fabric sheets and while it worked great I made some projects and then they got wet....well I'm sure you can guess it.... they bleed. So I looked for hours on the internet to see how I could "cure" the fabric and all the tricks failed me. So my sweet hubby took me to the store (love him) to see if I could BUY something and yes, they carry printable fabric sheets! Thank you Lord, because I needed to make these for Christmas. I'd spent the time to create them in MDS and by golly they had to work!    
Here's the finished project and my family loved them :)  They are reversible so I could get a sister picture and the grandkids on these for my parents! 



The fabric feels like canvas it's super durable and WASHABLE! YAY :) 

Ok here's another card with the edgelits from the new mini catalog and the rest is all FREE Sale A Bration goodies coming on Jan 24th!


 Hop on over and see what the others have to share! 
                                                              1. Jeanna Bohanon
3. Mandy Grant (thanks for stopping by!)

3 comments:

Susan said...

this is about what I"ve done in the past; I also add the no bleed, from ?)Tide, I believe....it's a sheet to add to your wash; thank you for sharing your tips & good luck with many more.

Alesha Walls said...

Awesome idea!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE these and HAVE to know how you created the template in MDS!!! I am not that savvy with MDS so I need all the help I can get!!!

It was great seeing you at Leadership!! And of course on Pinterest everyday!! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails