blog header

January 14, 2014

Finest Simplicity




Home Decor is one of my favorite ways to use My Digital Studio! When I saw this cluster frame my head started spinning with ideas for a fun piece that could be use for Valentine's Day and after by simply changing out the frame, on the right, with a Picture!  Just another reason for a picture shoot :)

Once I got the cluster of banners done I grouped them to make the rest of the project easier to design. That got me thinking, two projects for the price of one...so I saved the group to use for later. Just another joy of creating with MDS!

Try it: The next time you create a project save just the focal point as a group. It's the perfect way to create a quick card, add it to a layout, or create a new piece of Home Decor in just a few minutes!


Right click on the grouped items > select group > Save group




Go to Insert on the toolbar > select Import Saved Group > select from the list of saved items
Now that was easy! 

I have sort of a fetish with dry erase boards so I quickly filled an 8 1/2 x 11 with another piece of Designer Paper from the
My Digital Class Finest Simplicity Kit - Digital Download
imported the flags to the top, spray painted a frame and printed my design. Voila...a second project quicker then you can create a home cooked meal for your family! *wink* 




Make all your digital projects pop by adding "real life products" on the top. I placed another row of hanging banners to the bottom of my 8 1/2 x 11 page (look closely to see them in the 2nd picture in this post). Just cut and use dimensionals on top of the frame for a quick hybrid action. 

BTW - don't you just love the brick Designer Paper in the Finest Simplicity Kit!!!! My NEW favorite download to pair with the recolor tool - woo hoo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails